Sunday, July 26, 2009

Zucchini Bread

We're off tomorrow for one more hurrah trip before school starts. The girls and I are joining Scott in Mississippi for the rest of the week. Our dear Meason friends will also be there, so the girls are CRAZY excited to play with their bestest buddies. We'll then spend 5 days in Pensacola before coming home just in time for school. I'm sure we'll have stories and pictures to share when we return.

My 93 year old neighbor baked some zucchini bread for us last week. I had never tasted it before, but it just might be my new favorite. It's similar to banana bread with a cinnamoney twist. I've already made 2 loaves since she gave me the recipe. :) Enjoy!

Zucchini Bread
3 eggs 1/4 tsp. cloves, nutmeg, and ginger
1 c oil 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 c sugar 1 tsp. baking soda
2 c zucchini, grated 2 heaping tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla 1/2 tsp. salt
3 c flour

Preheat to 325. Grease 2 loaf pans. In large bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy. Mix in oil and sugar. Stir in zucchini and vanilla. In medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt. Stir into egg mixture. Divide batter into pans. Bake 60-70 minutes or until done.

2 comments:

carroll lane said...

hello katie! did you say you were coming to ms? any chance it's anywhere near columbus? let me know! we'd LOVE to play too!

Beth said...

Your sweet babies are so very cute! I'm so glad things are going well with Caroline! I think she is a doll! Hope you enjoy your time out of the house!