So sorry for the lack of updates lately. I'm either in blog mode or I'm not. We've been busy. We've been to umpteen doctor appointments, on vacation with dear friends, getting back in the groove of balancing school and the various extracurriculars, etc. Here's the long and the short of it...
Caroline's surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday, Sept. 22. We check in at UAB at noon on Monday and plan to be at the hospital for the week. She's doing really great. The few telltale symptoms that she does have don't seem to be getting any worse. If you didn't know better, you'd never know that Caroline has a significant heart defect. She is now 3 months old and weighed in today at 10 pounds 5 ounces! Praise God that she has grown to this point before the surgery. I'm thankful for sooooo much...
At 3 months, Miss Caroline can reach for objects, grab them and bring them to her mouth. She babbles back and forth in the most precious voice. She crinkles up her whole face when she gives big grins. She loves her sisters and finds them quite entertaining. She spent last night in her crib for the very first time. Our small rental house doesn't allow for much extra space, so we've delayed in putting up the crib. Now Caroline and Miss Julia are roomies. Julia is thrilled. I took the above picture last night as we all celebrated the new bed.
Scott is finishing up working full-time in Meridian and will start back with Delta soon after the surgery. Shelby & Julia have started pre and play school. They absolutely adore it. Grace is blowing me away with the reading and math that she's doing in school. So far, 1st grade rocks.
That's all I can handle for tonight. I've stayed up WAY too late folding the mountains of laundry that have been calling my name for days. More to come soon, I promise...
Thanks for caring about us enough to read about us...
2 comments:
I thoroughly enjoyed talking with you last night and am super impressed with all that you do. You are an amazing Mom and friend. We will definitely be continuing to pray for you, Scott, and Caroline but also for your family as they take care of the other girls. I am so thankful that God has continued to bless me with your friendship and I love you Katie Brown Braddock!
What is your plan for next week? Will you and Scott actually stay at the hospital? Please know that you are welcome to stay at my house as many nights as you need. Let me know and I can make you a key.
Post a Comment